IATEFL Head Office have announced details of scholarships being awarded to attend the 2020 annual conference, which takes place in Manchester, UK, 18-21 April next year. The conference was previously held in this city in 2015. Each year IATEFL offers a great range of conference scholarships to enable teachers, trainers and other ELT professionals the opportunity to attend the IATEFL Annual Conference.
The Diana Eastment Roving Reporter Scholarship is available to one current member of IATEFL and the LTSIG. This scholarship commemorates the founder of MUESLI (Micro Users In English as a Second Language Institutions) which became known as the CALL SIG (Special Interest Group) and now is the LT (Learning Technologies) SIG. It is supported by LTSIG funds and donations from Diana’s friends and colleagues. It is aimed at a tech-minded educator who wishes to attend the 2020 IATEFL Conference and the LTSIG Pre-Conference Event to write articles and create media on sessions they attend. The winner will be expected to be actively involved in the use of learning technologies and be create and submit reports during the event. The award includes covering the costs of travelling to attending the conference. More details below on the award and how to apply can be found in the links below.
The award consists of:
• registration for the LTSIG Pre-Conference Event
• registration for the IATEFL Annual Conference
• a year’s IATEFL membership
• a year’s LTSIG membership
• GBP 500 towards conference-related expenses
• an economy flight to the UK up to a maximum of GBP 1000.00 (receipts will be required). This includes the cost of flights but not the cost of stopovers.
To qualify you must:
• be an individual member of IATEFL and LTSIG
• over the course of the conference, attend a number of technology related talks, report and write articles on them for LTSIG members. It is expected that at least one of the articles will be produced during the conference. The exact sessions will be determined prior to the conference in consultation with the LTSIG committee.
• provide a review of the LTSIG PCE and Showcase.
• produce small video and/ or audio clips to help capture the feel of the conference. Articles and media will be used by the LTSIG on their website and any LTSIG publications.
Click here for more information on all the scholarships offered – scroll down to the ‘Apply Now’ button in order to make your application. Or click here to go directly to our guidelines. Please note: We do not require you to submit a speaker proposal, so please ignore the tick in the third column on the scholarship list page, but you must be an IATEFL and LTSIG member to apply.
Applications for our 2020 scholarship opened on Monday 20 May 2019. The closing date for applications is 16.00 (UK Time) Thursday 4th July 2019. Any applications received after this time will not be accepted.